Search my blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

8th run: Over the hump!

Outdoor run
Distance in VFF: 4.86
Average pace 8 min miles
Full workout details at my Garmin Connect site here

I feel like today was a milestone. I was able to run nearly five miles without having to take a break for my feet. I hit some spots of discomfort along the run but a few minor adjustments to my foot landing or stride seemed to fix it.

Something you don't really think about, is the workout your lower calf muscle is going to get. Regular shoes have padding that keeps your heel somewhat elevated, so the bottom 10% of your calf never does any work. You definitely can notice a difference when running in VFF.

I didn't have any issues with my arches this time. I think this is because I let my heal hit the ground a little harder, relaxed into the stride a little more. The stride should be toe-heel-toe. Before my heel was barely brushing the ground, this time I relaxed a bit and let it hit the ground. Seems to have helped.

Happy running

No comments:

Post a Comment