Search my blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

5th Run - First Run Outside

(Click image to enlarge)

Two days rest, for my feet and shins.
Picked up a Garmin Forerunner 305 so I don't have to map my routes before running them :-)

Running outside is completely different than running on a treadmill. The ground is more rough (obviously), and the way it feels running up hill and down hill feels a lot different than normal shoes. It also gave my arches more of a work out. My feet blistered a little as well. I think building up miles on the vibrams is going to be a little more time consuming than I first thought.

I also put some athletic tape on the top of my foot. The top foot strap was digging into my foot and creating a tiny cut. I didn't actually notice this until after taking the shoe off, and there being blood on the strap.

The temperature was about 30 degrees, and I had to run through some packed snow. I did not wear socks, and at no time did my feet feel cold.

Distance in VFF: 3.6
Avg pace per mile: 8 min
Total Distance: 3.6
You can find my full work out summary here Garmin Connect - Activity Details

1 comment:

  1. by the way, i also have a forerunner, get sporttracks (its free) it goes perfect with the forerunner 305,
    see you
    T.

    ReplyDelete