Search my blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

1st Run

Today is 2/12/2010.
I plan on running the Grand Rapids River Run on May 8th. It is a 25k (15.5m) run along the Grand River.

It is winter here so I am running at my local gym on treadmills.

First run:
Distance in VFF (Vibram Five Fingers) - 1.25 miles (8 min mile pace)
Total distance - 2.0

I wore the injinji socks for my first run which may have been a mistake. I'm not sure if it was the socks or just the shoes but the friction caused the balls of my feet to blister pretty quick. I had to stop after 1.5 miles because it was becoming painful and I didn't want to decomission myself for the next few days. I was able to finish another mile and a half in my normal running shoes.

Besides the blisters, the shoes felt great. It felt much more natural than running in my old running shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment