Search my blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

19th Run: Distance in the vibrams, sore feet, sore achilles

Distance in VFF: 6.0


My feet were really sore after this, and I think the only thing that got me through it was running on the grass as much as I could. This is seriously taking forever and I start to wonder if it's even worth it. The reason I started running in these shoes was so I could run farther, without getting injured. The method of running allowed me to do that, the shoes do not seem to have much of an added benefit at the moment. I have noticed that when I put on my old shoes now, my arches ache from the padding. I'm not sure how to explain that one.

I also felt a pull on my Achilles this time around. I read that because I have been walking in normal shoes with higher up heels, my Achilles is likely shorter and not used to the full extension of my ankle when running.

I will continue to get my feet used to the vibrams, but I think I will do longer runs in my old shoes for the time being.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/27268341

1 comment:

  1. ahhh! Now that explains the achilles pains! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete